Monday, October 13, 2008

PEER PRESSURE

FINE! I'll join the rest of you hip kids and start a blog for my family. After all, my beautiful children deserve to have their lives chronicled on the interweb just like your kids do. And maybe some of the guilt I feel for not keeping up on their journals will be alleviated by this new project.

So, a quick recap for those of you just joining us at home. Jeff and I met at a now-defunct insurance company about 12 years ago. He was "the rocker in billing" that I didn't dare talk to for the first 7 months. I was that "cute little blonde girl" who stamped all his billing remittances every afternoon.

Our first date was to see Beevis and Butthead Do America on January 11, 1997. Jeff made us a delightful shrimp & pesto pasta dinner for Valentine's Day and asked if we could do it all again next year. In March, we'd been seeing each other long enough that I dared to introduce him to all my friends. And on April 4th, 1997, we got married at the county courthouse with the money we got from trading in our duplicate CDs. We celebrated our marriage with our family and friends on 4/20 at The Sun (a private club for members, PS).

And that's how it all began...

No comments: